Jun 13, 2009

Practical Sentences in Chinese and English 06132009

中英文實用句
Practical Sentences in Chinese and English
June 13, 2009

在台灣到處可見的商店招牌和廣告牌有時候是個破壞和礙眼的東西。
Shop signs and billboards everywhere/here and there in Taiwan are sometimes a blight and eyesores.
你同意(我)嗎?
(1) Do you agree (with me)? (2) Agreed?
(我)同意。
(2) Yes, I agree (with you). (2) Agreed.
是有這麼一點點。
(1) Yeah, sort of. (2) Yeah, kind of.
我們沒有廣告或傳單。我們靠口耳相傳而獲得知名度。(我們的知名度是靠口耳相傳。)
We don’t have any advertisements/ads or flyers/fliers. We win/rise to/gain fame by word of mouth.
我們每星期一至星期五早上十點營業至晚上十點,每星期六早上十點至傍晚五點營業。
We are open Mondays through Saturdays from 10 a.m./ten in the morning to 10 p.m./ten in the evening and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. every Saturday.
我們的營業時間是每禮拜一到禮拜五的早上十點到晚上十點,每星期六早上十點至傍晚五點。
Our business hours are from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., Mondays through Saturdays and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. every Saturday.
與其說他∕她是我的老師,倒不如說是良師益友。
(1) He/She is my mentor rather than my teacher. (2) To me, he/she is a mentor rather than a teacher.
與其說他∕她是我的朋友,倒不如說是良師益友。
(1) He/She is my mentor rather than my friend. (2) To me, he/she is a mentor rather than a friend.
(你)今晚∕這禮拜日有空嗎?(你)今晚∕這禮拜日有什麼節目(計畫)嗎?如果沒有,我們一起消磨時間(混)吧。
Are you available tonight/this Sunday? Do you have any plans for tonight/this Sunday? If not, let’s hang out (together).
你看起來不開心。怎麼了?有事煩擾著你嗎?
You look/seem upset. What’s wrong? Is something bugging/bothering you?
沒什麼。我只是想∕需要一個人靜一靜。
Nothing/Not much. (1) I just want/need to have some quiet time alone. (2) I just want/need to be alone for a second.
你真是個豬頭。∕你這個豬頭。
You are such a jerk/idiot/moron/dork. / You jerk/idiot/moron/dork.
你對他們要求太嚴格了。那會有反效果的。
You are pushing them too hard. That would backfire.
我(真的)很喜歡氣功∕英文。
I am (really) into Qi Gong/English.
我們搭電梯∕電手扶梯∕樓梯吧。
Let’s take the elevator/escalator/stairs.
(你)需要幫忙嗎?
(Do you) need help/a hand?
喔,需要。 不需要,謝謝。我自己來就好。
Oh, yes/yup. No, thanks. I’m OK/I can do it myself.
幫我按「往上」∕「往下」的按鈕,謝謝。
Press the “up”/”down” button for me, thanks/thank you.
你可以幫我把所有東西∕這些搬到樓上∕二樓嗎?
Can/Could you help me bring everything/these upstairs/to the second floor? [樓下 = downstairs]
你可以在我把所有箱子∕東西搬到電梯裡的同時撐著門(讓門保持在開的狀態之下)嗎?
Can/Could you hold the door while I am moving all the boxes/things into the elevator?
你戴眼鏡。你近視嗎?你近視幾度?
You are wearing glasses. Are you near-sighted? What is your eyesight/vision?
我近視八百度。
My eyesight/vision is minus 8 (-8.00).
你沒戴眼鏡。你的視力很好。
You are not wearing glasses. You have good eyesight.
不。我視力不好。我帶隱形眼鏡。不過我回到家就會把它們剝下,戴上眼鏡。你看到我帶眼鏡的話,就表示我前一個晚上熬夜或者根本沒睡。
No. I have poor eyesight. I am wearing contact lenses/contacts. But when I get home, I will take them off and put on my glasses. If you see me wearing glasses, that means I stayed up late or did not sleep at all the previous night.


By 林育華/Lin, Yu-Hua/Monica
All Rights Reserved
翻印必究
The above information is only for the use of Wu Ji Wu Shang Men Qi-Gong Center.
以上資訊僅供無極無上門氣功修煉中心使用。

No comments: