Jul 30, 2009

Name and Personality 名字和性格

Years ago, I picked Monica as my English name just because I liked an African-American singer called Monica and the Monica in Friends, an American situation comedy.
多年前我選Monica作為我的英文名字只因為我喜歡一個叫做Monica的非裔美國歌手和一個美國電視連續喜劇裡的Monica。

According to Think Baby Names, the possible meanings of Monica are (1) “solitary”, (2) “to advise” and (3) nun.” Interesting. That pretty much says about me: being solitary, being a teacher to advise students, and being so into parapsychology, mystery and religion, etc. almost like a nun. What a coincidence! Unbelievable, huh?
根據Think Baby Names,Monica可能的意思有(1)「隱居的;孤獨的;寂寞的」、(2)「勸告;當…的顧問」和(3)「修女;尼姑」。真有趣。那還真像我:(1)孤獨的、(2)身為老師給學生指導、和(3)對超心理學、神秘事物和宗教等等深感興趣到幾乎像是一個尼姑了。真是個巧合!難以置信對吧?

How much do you know about your English name? Does it match your personality?
你對你的英文名字了解多少?它跟你的性格吻合嗎?

By the way, “For You I Will” and “Before You Walk out of My Life” are my favorites by the singer, Monica.
順便告訴你,「For You I Will」和「Before You Walk out of My Life」是歌手Monica唱的歌當中我最喜歡的兩首。

No comments: