Jul 2, 2009

Practical Sentences in Chinese and English 07022009

中英文實用句
Practical Sentences in Chinese and English
July 2, 2009

你可以把電扇∕冷氣開強一點嗎?這裡太熱了。
Can/Could you turn up the (electric) fan/air conditioning? It’s too hot here.
你可以把電扇∕冷氣開弱一點嗎?這裡太冷了。
Can/Could you turn down the (electric) fan/A.C.? It’s too cold here. [A.C. = air conditioning]
這套贈送的服裝由本中心提供。
The complimentary outfit is offered by our center.
貴中心有免付費電話號碼嗎?
Does your center have a toll-free number?
我們的客房在四樓。我帶你去(那裡)。∕我帶你去客房。請跟我來。
Our guest rooms are on the fourth floor. I’ll lead you there. / I’ll lead you to the guest rooms. Follow me, please. / Please follow me.
我的電腦中毒了,可能需要重灌Windows系統和所有軟體。
My computer (has) got viruses, and it might/may need to be reinstalled Windows and all the software. [I probably have to reinstall Windows and all the software on the computer.]
感謝你(們)的殷勤招待。
Thank you for your hospitality.
我們臺灣人很好客。
We Taiwanese people are very hospitable.
A:你需要刀叉嗎?或者湯匙?B:不用,謝謝。我很會用筷子。
A: Do you need a knife and fork? Or a spoon? B: No, thanks. I’m good at using chopsticks.
A:我可以要一雙筷子嗎?B:拿去。
A: Can I have a pair of chopsticks? B: Here you are.
通常由主人付餐廳帳單。
(1) Usually the hosts pay the bill/check at a restaurant. (2) Usually the host pays the bill/check at a restaurant.
客人:我跟你平攤費用。(我跟你各自付帳。)主人:不,你不用。別忘了我們在臺灣。我來就好。
Guest: I’ll go Dutch with you. = I’ll share the bill with you. Host: Nah/No, you don’t have to. Don’t forget we are in Taiwan. I’ll take care of it.
可以把帳單拿過來給我看一下嗎?(吃飽準備結帳時說。)
Can/Could I have the bill/check? (Say it when you finish eating the meal and are ready to pay the bill.)
我是客家人。客家人在台灣是一個少數族群。我們佔總人口數的百分之十左右。我的祖先來自廣東,它是中國的一省。
I am a Hakka. Hakka people are a minority group in Taiwan. We make up around 10 percent of the population. My ancestors came from Guang-Dong, a Chinese province.
有趣的是這裡大部分的學生是客家人。
It is interesting that most/the majority of the students here are Hakka. [most of = the majority of]
把你的兒子∕妳的女兒∕這個小孩子扛在妳的肩上。
Piggyback your son/your daughter/the child. = Give your son/your daughter/the child a piggyback (ride).
幹∕做得好!
Way to go! = Well done!
它值得你的努力。
It is worth your effort.
房租包含水電、瓦斯。
The rent includes utilities.
你正在平底鍋∕炒菜鍋裡煎什麼?你正在炒菜鍋裡炸什麼?
What are you frying in the frying pan/fryer? What are you deep-frying in the fryer?
A:輪到誰洗(這一堆)碗盤啦?B:輪到我了。∕不關我的事。
A: Whose turn is it to do the (pile/stack of) dishes? = Whose turn is it to wash the dirty (pile/stack of) crockery? B: (It’s) my turn. ∕ (It’s) none of my business.
我們在花園的長椅上放鬆、聊天消磨了一個下午。
We whiled away the afternoon kicking back and chatting on the bench(es) in the garden.
我不是吹毛求疵;我只是很有鑑別力。
I’m not picky; I’m just discerning/discriminating.
節哀順變。至少他∕她是在睡夢中過世。那也算是個福報。
Restrain your grief and accept the change. At least he/she died/passed away in his/her sleep. That is also a blessed reward. [passed away = died]
所有的人、事、物都像過眼雲煙。
People and things are as transient as fleeting clouds.

By 林育華/Lin, Yu-Hua/Monica
All Rights Reserved
翻印必究
The above information is only for the use of Wu Ji Wu Shang Men Qi-Gong Center.
以上資訊僅供無極無上門氣功修煉中心使用。

No comments: