Jul 8, 2009

Practical Sentences in Chinese and English 07082009

中英文實用句
Practical Sentences in Chinese and English
July 8, 2009

不要對任何人、事、物(太)著迷。.
Don’t be obsessed with anything and anyone.
對任何人、事、物保持平常心。
Always treat everything like it is nothing special and everyone like he or she is a nobody.
(1)(不要忘記∕記得)要常常注意(你)自己的言行。[為將來提醒](2)注意你的言行![當場告誡]
(1) (Don’t forget to/Remember to) watch (out) for your words and behavior frequently/often. [reminding for the future] (2) Watch your mouth and behave! [warning on site]
Lexus 是它的主牌Toyota旗下的副牌之一。
Lexus is one of the sub-brands under its primary brand, Toyota.
這間教室的地板鋪滿榻榻米。∕二樓教室的地板鋪滿榻榻米。
The floor in the classroom is completely covered with tatami./The floor in the second floor classroom is completely covered with tatami. [tatami: a traditional type of Japanese flooring]
A:(1)鑰匙∕我的鑰匙在哪裡?(2)你有看到我的鑰匙嗎?B:在餐桌∕白色的櫃檯(吧台)上。A:我真健忘。
A: (1) Where are the keys/my keys? (2) Did you see my keys? = Have you seen my keys? B: On the dining table/white counter. A: I’m so forgetful.
他∕她不太正常∕怪怪的∕腦筋秀逗。
He/She has a few screws loose. = He/She has a screw loose.
A:你去中國的那趟旅途如何?B:(1)很棒。難忘的經驗。我還想再去一次。(2)很糟。我不確定自己是否還想再去。
A: How was your trip to China? B: (1) It was great. It was an unforgettable experience. I would like/I’d like/I want to go there again. (2) It was awful/terrible. I’m not sure if I’d like to go there again. = I’m not sure whether I’d like to go there again (or not).
(1)上海∕他∕她∕它讓我印象非常深刻。(2)它們∕他們∕她們讓我印象深刻。
(1) Shanghai/He/She/It/They impressed me a lot/very much. = Shanghai/He/She/It was very/so impressive. (2) They impressed me a lot/very much. = They were very/so impressive.
我要去中國旅遊兩個星期,(即將到來的)這星期六出發。
I’m taking a two-week trip to China and leaving this (coming) Saturday. [下星期六 = next Saturday;上星期六 = last Saturday]
我很樂意替你筆譯∕口譯∕做菜∕清理∕收垃圾。
I’m glad/willing to translate/interpret/cook/clean/gather the trash for you.
別要求我開快一點∕加速。我不想收到罰單∕被開罰單。我的工作∕任務∕責任只是將你安全地並節省地載到機場。別為難我。
Don’t ask me to drive faster/speed up. I don’t want to get tickets/be ticketed. My job/task/responsibility is to take you to the airport safely and economically. Don’t give me a hard time. / Don’t make things difficult for me.
你(妳)中文∕英文說得很流利(溜)。
You speak fluent (Chinese) Mandarin/English. = You speak (Chinese) Mandarin/English fluently. [Chinese Mandarin = Mandarin Chinese = Mandarin]
(你)過獎了。∕真棒的恭維。(真棒的讚美。)
You are flattering me. ∕ That’s a great compliment.
客家話是我的母語,它是眾多中文方言裡的一種。
Hakka is my mother tongue/native language, and it is one of the various Chinese dialects.
很多人認為客家人很節儉。
Many people think the Hakka/Hakka people are thrifty. [the Hakka = Hakka people]
這個(東西)的中文∕客家話∕閩南語怎麼說?
What do you call it in Mandarin/Hakka/Hokkien?
A:你可以算便宜一點嗎?B:很抱歉。沒有折扣。這是定價。
A: Can/Could you offer a cheaper price? B: I’m sorry. No discount. It’s a fixed price.
你吃什麼,你就是什麼。所以注意你吃什麼。∕ 注意你的飲食習慣。
You are what you eat. So be careful about what you eat. / Be careful about your diet.
他∕她並不是真的在行。他∕她只是在賣弄∕炫耀。
He/She is not really good/expert at it. He/She is just showing off.
A:請在這裡簽名。B:你要我這個大明星的親筆簽名是嗎?A:才不呢,只是簽名。別臭美了。B:別這樣嘛。我只是開玩笑而已。
A: Sign here, please. = Please sign here. B: You are asking me for my autograph, huh? A: Nah, just a signature. Don’t be smug. B: Come on. I was just kidding/joking.
我母親的死對我有很深的影響。
My mother’s/mom’s death had a deep impact on me.


By 林育華/Lin, Yu-Hua/Monica
All Rights Reserved
翻印必究
The above information is only for the use of Wu Ji Wu Shang Men Qi-Gong Center.
以上資訊僅供無極無上門氣功修煉中心使用。

No comments: