Jun 11, 2011

Buddhist Scripture Translation Resumed 再度翻譯佛經

Earlier this afternoon, I just decided to resume translating the Buddhist Scripture from Chinese to English. I’ll choose verses I like, translate them and put them on Facebook and my blog to share with everyone. I’m not a professional. It’s only a practice, an interest, a hobby, just something I like to do. Don’t be too critical of my translation since it’s free of charge. It takes a lot of time to understand the ancient written Chinese, look up and read related information on the Internet and finally translate it into modern English.  
今天下午稍早,我決定再度翻譯佛經,從中文翻到英文。我會選一些我喜歡的詩句翻譯,然後貼到臉書和我的部落格,跟大家分享。我不是專業人士。這只是練習、興趣、嗜好,只是一個我喜歡做的事情。別太嚴格檢視我的譯文,畢竟那是不收費的。光是了解古中文書面用語、在網路上查詢並閱讀相關資料,最後將其譯成現代英語就要花很多時間。


或許這也是一種轉法輪的方式吧?
It’s a way of turning the Dharma Wheel? 

Sincerely,
Lin, Yu-Hua/Monica
林育華  敬上

No comments: