Sep 1, 2011

Five Words or Phrases a Day 090111

(n.) noun 名詞
[C] countable 可數的

the Strawberry Generation 草莓族
Not everyone from the Strawberry Generation bruises easily.
不是每一個草莓族一捏就破。

the Moonlite Clan 月光族
I gotta figure out how to earn and save more or I’m gonna join the Moonlite Clan. (I gotta = I have got to = I have to; I’m gonna = I’m going to)
我得想辦法開源節流,要不然我快變成月光族了。

purple-collar worker (n.) [C] 紫領族
I heard the average income of purple-collar workers is not as high as most people think.
我聽說紫領族的平均收入並沒有像多數人想像中的高。

pink-collar worker (n.) [C] 粉領族
People who hold lower-level positions are pink-collar workers.
從事較低階工作的人為粉領族。

frenemy (n.) [C] 亦敵亦友
Our relationship? It’s kinda complex. I guess we are frenemies. (kinda = kind of)
我們的關係?有點複雜。亦敵亦友吧!

By 林育華/Lin, Yu-Hua/Monica

No comments: